Monday, October 20, 2008

Old as I am, I still miss my Mother

It's hard to believe that a year ago today one of
the most amazing ladies passed away.
She was my best friend, mentor, inspiration and hero.
Not long ago I read a quote that is very fitting,
"Old as I am, I still miss my Mother"
No one that knew her can forget her cute little
smile and shoulder shrug. She loved birthday parties
and any other reason to get together.

The simplest things made her happy
like a teddy bear and a glow-in-the-dark dog.
But the most important thing was being with her family.
She always wanted us to be friends and support each other.
When I'm told I'm alot like her, I consider it a real compliment.
Maybe I repeat myself and forget things a little like she did, but I only hope
for the same things in life, a love for the gospel and a close knit family
that enjoys being together. I'll never give up on that!
I love you and miss you Mom

5 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful tribute to your mom Diane! She sounds like a wonderful person, just like you!

AnDe said...

you made me cry.
i miss Gramma so much too!!
she is an incredible woman, and so are you - seriously, the strongest women i've ever known or heard of.
i'm so glad we have the Gospel and know that we can be with her, and Dad, and everyone else forever. its so beautiful.

Kyle & Shanna said...

I really miss Gramma! I can't believe it's already been a year. She was an amazing lady and I know that she is happy now.
You are definantly become your mother...but that's ok, I wouldn't mind becoming my mother in the future either...;)

Knight Family said...

Can't believe it has been one whole year. Grandma was such a fun person to be around. I think we will all miss her shoulder shrug, old gum, and traction socks.

Erin said...

I miss grandma too, that was fun pictures!! She was a great grandma and a good example to follow.