Thursday, October 9, 2008

What a trip!

A couple of week ago Ralph and I took a few days off work and took a camping trip to Jackson and into Yellowstone Park with some friends. We had a great time. Fall is really the season to enjoy a trip like this. We camped about 2 miles from where the movie "SHANE" was filmed. The old barn is still standing. It was almost one of those "Did you see that?" picture moments, but I did get a shot or two.




And of course you can't make a trip to the park without a stop at the falls outlook. The best part was that there weren't many people there.







And you always have to make a stop at Old Faithful. It was getting late in the day and was really pretty cold, and he wasn't on time. We waited about 40 minutes past the expected eruption time. Again, not a lot of people and the wait was worth it.




But the very best part of the day was all the wildlife we saw. Deer, elk, an amazing moose, buffalo, coyote, a mountain goat and a grizzly bear. I haven't seen a bear in the park for YEARS! It was a thrill.

I can't wait to go back, but next time we are staying at least a week. Retiremant doesn't look that bad :)

4 comments:

AnDe said...

oh!! yellowstone and jackson! you went to our honeymoon - haha! it is so pretty up there though. you better bring back lots of pics from lake tahoe!

Kyle & Shanna said...

I wanna go back to yellowstone!

Holly said...

I can't believe you went right on through our part of town and didn't even call?! Diane! No just kidding, I know how crazy traveling can be. We've been wanting to get up to the park too, Zach had heard that the bears were out, I think that would be so cool to see!! Keep posting, I LOVE it! :)

Erin said...

Looks like fun!! I want to go and see more wildlife.